Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer joined Megastron Development, LLC, for a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Kirkman Point project’s first phase on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. This is a significant project for the Orlando community because it is the first time the Brazilian-led Megastron Development has invested in the City of Orlando.
The ribbon cutting ceremony celebrated the completion of Kirkman Point’s first phase, a 4-story, 133,000 square foot Class A office building. A total of nearly 650,000 square-feet of mixed use office and retail space on almost 20 acres will be built out in four phases. When completed, there will be two four-story, and two six-story buildings and two parking garages.
Kirkman Point is being developed by Brazilian-led Megastron Development, LLC, a group of developers who decided to invest in Orlando after meeting Mayor Dyer during a 2008 business and trade mission to Brazil. This project is Megastron’s first project in the Orlando area; it is their 8th major project in the United States with nearly one million square feet of commercial and industrial space built in south Florida.
The trade mission to Brazil in 2008 also yielded daily service between Orlando and Sao Paulo, Brazil on TAM Airlines, air service that had been pursued by the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority for many years. The Kirkman Point project and the service between Orlando and Brazil on TAM Airlines are examples of the type of economic development opportunities that can result from cultivating Sister City and international relationships – and further proves that Orlando is increasingly being chosen as a place for international investment.
Orlando Oficials present:
- Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer
- District 1 City Commissioner Jim Gray
- District 6 City Commissioner Samuel B. Ings
- Director of Multicultural Affairs for Mayor Dyer- Luis Martinez-Alicea
- Kathy Devault-International Affairs Coordinator
- Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator-James Reggie Colimon
- Brooke Rimmer-Bonnett, City of Orlando Director of Economic Development
- Megastron’s Development Team, C1 Bank- Adam Ellis.
- The Central Florida Brazilian American Chamber of Commerce
- Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida President – Maria Luyanda
- Florida Democratic Party- Hispanic Outreach Director – Betsy Franceschini
- Catering by Pearson’s Catering.