The City of Orlando is seeking local Hispanic/Latino artists to display their artwork during Hispanic Heritage Month in The Terrace Gallery at Orlando City Hall. The art exhibit will be unveiled at a ribbon cutting ceremony during the City of Orlando’s Hispanic Heritage Month kickoff on Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. The exhibit will run from September 5 to October 15, 2013.
Interested artists should submit the following to City of Orlando Public Art Coordinator Paul Wenzel at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Bio or resume of the artist including where they are from
- Five pieces of artwork related to Hispanic culture (JPG format, small files)
- Statements about each artwork
- Title of each art piece, the medium and measurements
- Deadline for submissions: Friday, July 26, 2013
- Selected artists should deliver their pieces to City Hall on Saturday, August 24th between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Appropriateness: Artists are selected based on the appropriateness of their proposal to the project.
- Communication: The artist must have the ability to clearly communicate concepts both visually and through clearly written materials.
- Performance: The artist must have a good professional history of being able to work cooperatively and finish projects on time.
Paul Wenzel, Public Art Coordinator
Luis M. Martinez, Director of Multicultural Affairs