SOLAR BEARS ANNUAL REPORT TO THE COMMUNITY
Solar Bears Organization Surpasses $730,000 Donated to
Central Florida Community
Orlando, FL – The Orlando Solar Bears, proud affiliate of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild and Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL’s Iowa Wild and Toronto Marlies, are pleased to present their annual Report to the Community.
The full community report can be found at OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com/pdf/osb-community-report.pdf. Highlights include:
- The launch of our community program, Solar Bears Cares, which has donated to over 400 local charities, schools, and churches since its inception in 2012. Through donations made by our fans and ownership, and with the assistance of Levy Restaurants, we have collectively raised and donated more than $730,000 in the Central Florida community.
- The growth of youth hockey is a priority and the Solar Bears sponsor house league teams at the RDV Ice Den in Orlando and the Space Coast Iceplex in Rockledge and participate in ice hockey programs at the Ice Factory in Kissimmee and at the Daytona International Skateway. In addition, we assisted with the successful launch of the Central Florida High School Hockey League.
- In less than two years since starting operations, Solar Bears players, coaches, and Shades (our mascot), have made over 200 community appearances.
- Our ownership and management team sits on a number of local Boards including the Community Food & Outreach Center, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida, the Nap Ford Community School Foundation, Boy Scouts of America Central Florida Council, the American Cancer Society, Junior Achievement, Roper YMCA of Central Florida, Central Florida High School Hockey League, Christian Service Center for Central FL, Mayor Dyer’s Project DTO Executive Advisory Committee, Impact Homelessness and the American Heart Association.
- Along with the City of Orlando and Visit Orlando, the Solar Bears secured the 2015 ECHL All-Star Game (January 21, 2015) which will create tremendous economic activity within the region.
Along with the annual report to the community, the Solar Bears have completed and complied their annual “By the Numbers” infographic to demonstrate their achievements after two seasons in the ECHL. The infographic can be seen at OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com/overviewinfographic.pdf.
Take advantage of the Orlando Solar Bears season ticket pre-sale offer by placing a $50 deposit per ticket now to receive seat selection priority for the 2014-15 All-Star season. Call the Solar Bears at 407-951-8200 or visit OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com.
The Orlando Solar Bears, the ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild and Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL’s Iowa Wild and Toronto Marlies, play all of their home games at the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year, the Amway Center.
Follow the Solar Bears at www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com, Facebook, and Twitter (@OrlandoHockey) for all the latest news and updates. Stay in touch with Shades on Instagram by following ShadestheSolarBear.
Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on discounted group tickets and a list of group benefits, call 407-951-8200 or visit www.orlandosolarbearshockey.com/groups.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at:
To read the Solar Bears Report to the Community, click here