The City of Orlando’s Downtown Development Board (DDB) has launched a Best of Downtown Orlando Photo Contest inviting photographers of all ages, both professionals and amateurs, to submit their greatest high-quality photos capturing all that Downtown Orlando has to offer. After photos are submitted, artists will be encouraged to share their images through social media outlets to collect as many votes as possible. The top 10 favorite images will be determined at the end of the voting period and winners will get a reserved section at the CityArts Factory for the “Take Your Best Shot Photo Exhibit.” At least one image per artist will be printed and put on display at the exhibit, encouraging artists to come see their photos. Winners will be eligible to win the $300 Best in Show award.
- July 24, 2014 by midnight: Submission deadline, up to 10 photographs can be submitted
- July 28, 2014 – August 4, 2014: Voting period
- August 21, 2014: Opening reception at CityArts Factory from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- August 21, 2014 – September 12, 2014: CityArts Factory “Best of DTO Photo Contest” exhibit on display
- Photos must be high resolution, 300 dpi or greater
- Names, dates, borders, copyright symbols, etc. cannot be part of the actual images.
- Prints, negatives and slides (transparencies) must be converted to digital images before entering this contest.
- Submit photos through the Downtown Orlando website at www.downtownorlando.com or directly on the Downtown Orlando Facebook Page
- Photos must depict one of Downtown Orlando’s five categories: Architecture, Lifestyle, DTO at Night, Best of DTO, and Panorama
Anyone with question or needing additional information can contact Sydney Gray at Sydney.Gray@downtownorlando.com or call at 407-246-3794.