OpenText(TM) (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced the launch of eDOCS DM 10, the latest version of its Document Management solution for the legal market. With eDOCS DM 10, customers can capture, govern, find and securely collaborate on work product in a highly secure, centralized library, accessible from mobile devices, tablets, laptops and in the cloud. OpenText will be showcasing eDOCS DM 10 at booth #713/715 at the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) conference, being held August 17-21, 2014, in Nashville.
- Case files, sensitive information and other confidential documents permeate the legal industry. In order to maintain the security of the documents throughout their lifecycle and beyond, the industry needs a secure information environment. With eDOCS DM 10, firms have a collaborative workspace to easily share documents across the team or with outside resources while still maintaining the integrity of the documents. OpenText offers complete records management and information governance solutions to address legal and regulatory issues around managing records, mitigating business risk of improper record handling and lowering the cost of managing the content explosion.
eDOCS DM eliminates inefficiencies when dealing with large volumes of electronic content by creating a single, highly scalable library for all your work product and information. With eDOCS DM, data such as documents, e-mail, graphics, PDF’s, scanned paper and electronic-based records are consolidated in a unified enterprise knowledge base for easy retrieval and collaboration.
“This next generation of eDOCS DM addresses the evolving needs of our users,” said said Muhi Majzoub, senior vice president of engineering at OpenText. “The eDOCS DM technology provides powerful new capabilities while improving the reliability and usability of the product. Based 100% on customer feedback, we have added the features and capabilities needed to continue to maintain key assets easily and efficiently within the firm.”
eDOCS DM 10 includes the following innovations:
- Superior User Experience — A reimagined and redesigned user experience makes managing content easy and intuitive.
- Productivity Improvements — A unique forms rendering approach allows users to spend less time categorizing their documents and more time contributing content to them.
- Enhanced Search Functions — The new simplified search forms enhance the searching experience. A new combined metadata, content and Boolean search wizard allows for simpler day-to-day search operations.
- Ease of Administration — The new DM Management Studio enables Administrators to be more efficient in the management of the DM systems. Whether you have a single site, centralized, or globally deployed DM infrastructure, this new Studio allows administrators to manage an individual server, cluster of servers, search indexes and DM libraries in their environment from the convenience of their desktop.
eDOCS DM 10 is part of the OpenText EIM strategy, specifically supporting legal industry customers such as law firms and corporate legal departments. OpenText’s EIM enables organizations to discover and manage information to spur growth and innovation across their organization, increasing time to competitive advantage.
eDOCS DM 10 is scheduled to be available worldwide in English and French in September. Dutch, German, Italian and Spanish translations are scheduled to be available shortly.
Learn more about OpenText EIM:
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText’s CEO
- Connect with OpenText:
- Twitter: @opentext LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/OpenText
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/opentext