ORLANDO MAGIC THIS WEEK10 Things You Should Know
- Magic Open Practice Presented by Chase
· On Monday, October 5 at 6:00 p.m., the Orlando Magic will hold an open practice at Amway Center. The event is free and open to the public and will feature exclusive giveaways for Chase cardholders, free parking, merchandise discounts and 50 percent off select items at Amway concessions. To download your tickets, go to http://www.nba.com/magic/openpractice.
- Magic Preseason Continues
· The Magic will continue the 2015-16 preseason with three road games this week. On October 7, the Orlando Magic will play the Miami Heat at the KFC YUM! Center in Louisville, Kentucky (7:30 p.m.). The next day, the Magic will play the Indiana Pacers at 7:00 p.m. on October 8 and the team will close out the week on Sunday, October 11, when they take on the Houston Rockets in Hidalgo, Texas at 8 p.m.
- Regular Season Tickets On Sale Oct. 9
· The Orlando Magic will begin its regular season at home on October 28 vs. Washington. The first on-sale date for single-game tickets will be Friday, October 9 at 10 am. For ticket information and a full schedule, log on to OrlandoMagic.com or call 407-89-MAGIC.
- Magic Announces Salsa 98.1 as Spanish Radio Flagship
· The Magic has announced Entravision Communications Corporation’s Salsa 98.1 FM (WNUE-FM) as the team’s new flagship home for Spanish radio broadcasts. The station will broadcast Magic preseason home games and all regular season games (home and way). Orlando Magic’s Spanish Radio Play-by-Play announcer Joey Colon will continue to serve as the official voice of the Magic in Spanish, handling game play-by-play, pregame, halftime and postgame analysis.
- Magic and Chase Court Refurbishment
· The Orlando Magic and Chase will surprise the students at Three Points Elementary School with the news that their school will receive a refurbished basketball court and participate in a basketball shootout to determine which basketball court design, entered by students, their school will receive. The visit will also include an appearance from STUFF the Magic Mascot, Magic Community Ambassadors Nick Anderson and Bo Outlaw and the Magic Blue Crew.
- Pink in the Paint
· The Orlando Magic and Florida Hospital have teamed up to host the third annual Pink in the Paint Breast Cancer Awareness Night at the October 13 Orlando Magic home game against the Miami Heat. The night will create awareness and provide prevention education of breast cancer among women in Central Florida and support Florida Hospital’s Pink Army Initiative. Two special ticket offers will be promoted to help benefit the FH Breast Cancer Fund and can be purchased at http://www.nba.com/magic/pink.
- Magic Media Credentials
· The Orlando Magic are now accepting requests for single-game media credentials. Please send all credential requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Magic Media Guide Now Online
· The 2015-16 Orlando Magic media guide is now available online via the link, http://www.nba.com/magic/mediaguide.
- Magic PR on Twitter
· For all information regarding the Orlando Magic, please follow @Magic_PR and @Magic_PRDish on Twitter. @Magic_PR, which is media-only and protected, will strictly be used for updated schedules and media availability times. @Magic_PRDish will have facts, in-game notes, injury updates and behind-the-scenes looks. We also encourage media to view Orlando Magic Media Central, http://www.OrlandoMagic.com/MagicPR, for media information.
- Magic Preseason Opener
· The Orlando Magic tipped off the 2015 preseason with a 106-100 loss at Amway Center against Charlotte on Saturday, October 3 at 7 p.m. Andrew Nicholson led all scorers in the game with 23 points, while Victor Oladipo tallied 16.