ORLANDO MAGIC THIS WEEK
10 Things You Should Know
- Magic Four-Game Week
- The Orlando Magic will play four games this week, including three contests at Amway Center. On Monday, December 14, the Magic will compete against the Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center in their 24th game of the regular season. Following the match up, the Magic will return home, where they will host the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday, December 16, the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday, December 18 and the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday, December 20.
- OMYF Community Enrichment Award Check Presentation
- As part of the Rich and Helen DeVos Community Enrichment Award, Orlando Magic guard Victor Oladipo will present the University of Central Florida Listening Center with a check on Tuesday, December 15 at 3:00 p.m. The award will assist the UCF Listening Center with programs that serve families and children who have a hearing loss.
- Magic Star Wars Night
- The Orlando Magic will celebrate Star Wars: The Force Awakens with a themed night on December 16 at 7:00 p.m. For more information, visit OrlandoMagic.com/starwars.
- Magic Shopping Spree Presented by Pepsi
- On Thursday, December 17, Orlando Magic players Evan Fournier, Channing Frye and Jason Smith will take 100 children from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida on a holiday shopping spree, presented by PepsiCo. Each child will receive a $100 Walmart gift card with the opportunity to pick out toys, electronics, clothes and other items.
- Hedo Turkoglu Honored
- Forward Hedo Turkoglu, who played eight seasons (2004-09 and 2010-13) with Orlando, will be honored during a special ceremony on Friday, December 18, when the Magic host the Trail Blazers at Amway Center (7 p.m. start). Turkoglu announced his retirement after playing in 497 regular season games (412 starts) with the Magic, Turkoglu averaged 14.5 ppg., 4.5 rpg. and 3.9 apg. in 32.7 minpg., while shooting .379 (729-2,005) from the 3-point range and .805 (1,402-1,741) from the free throw line.
- Magic Maker
- The Magic will provide Sean Spearman, a 9-year-old who has had more than 14 surgeries due to a rare illness called arthrogryposis multiplex congenital, with a VIP experience as he attends the game against the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday, December 20. The experience will include courtside seats, a personalized Magic jersey and a pregame meet-and-greet with Orlando Magic players and community ambassadors. The Magic Maker program provides a Central Florida youth who is suffering from a life-threatening medical condition or grieving the tragic loss of an immediate family member with a legendary Magic experience.
- OMYF Open Presented by Chase
- The Orlando Magic hosted the 25th anniversary of the OMYF Open, benefiting the Orlando Magic Youth Foundation, on Dec. 10 at the Villas of Grand Cypress Golf Resort. The OMYF, a McCormick Foundation Fund (OMYF-MFF), raised $300,000 at the annual charity golf tournament for at-risk children in Central Florida.
- NBA All-Star
- 2016 NBA All-Star voting is underway. To send your favorite Magic players to represent Orlando in Toronto, vote at http://www.nba.com/allstar/.
- Coach Skiles
- Orlando Magic Head Coach Scott Skiles will coach his 900th regular season game on December 14 at Brooklyn. Skiles currently sports a regular season record of .506 (455-444).
- Magic Recap
- Orlando went 1-2 last week, including a win against Denver, which marked the first Magic victory (85-74) at Pepsi Center since January 17, 2008. The Magic followed with two-consecutive losses (@ Phoenix, 104-107, and vs. Cleveland, 111-76) and currently has an overall record of 12-11.