- Chef Susan Sbicca’s gelato on the rise from San Diego roots to LA grocers with dairy-free and nut-free flavors.
San Diego based Millie’s Gelato, an organic plant based good-for-you gelato company, has launched their new Summer flavors in the Los Angeles at 35 Gelson’s and Bristol Farms markets. With the success of their decadently rich cashew cream and sprouted almond milk based creations, Millie’s is rolling out new, refreshing and nut-free variations for summer.
- Strawberry Coconut Creme: Organic fresh strawberries blended with
Organic coconut cream and raw agave.
- Vanilla Coconut Creme: Organic coconut cream, raw agave, organic vanilla
extract and a hint of rosewater.
Returning favorites include:
- Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt: A velvety cocoa base with swirls of salty
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake: Creamy lemon cheesecake gelato flecked with
tart morsels of organic raspberries.
- Mocha Almond Butter Fudge: Chocolate and organic fair trade decaf coffee
with thick ribbons of crunchy almond butter
“As a small business, dealing with the demand after Los Angeles was named PETA’s #2 “Most Vegan Friendly City” was a challenge, but we survived. I hope our new flavors will be a bridge to introduce the average consumer to the idea of a plant-based diet.” – Susan Sbicca, CEO & Founder of Millie’s Gelato.