-Orlando Magic Dedicate Opening Night October 26 to Pulse Victims-
Orlando, Fla. (Oct. 24, 2016) – The Orlando Magic will tip off the 2016-17 season in the Amway Center when they face the Miami Heat on Wednesday, October 26 at 7 p.m. as part of the Orlando Magic’s Pure Magic Tip-Off Presented by Chase. Orlando’s season opener will be dedicated to those who lost their lives and those whose lives have been forever changed with several tributes to honor the 49 victims who were tragically taken on June 12 at the Pulse nightclub.
Opening Night will represent the culmination of the month-long Orlando Magic’s Pure Magic Tip-Off Presented by Chase, as the two lined up an October full of fan events, contests and giveaways leading up to the Magic’s regular season opener. Highlights for the month of October included opportunities to win prizes and Magic tickets, a Jr. Magic clinic for local students, a chance to meet Magic players at a local Chase branch and the Magic and Chase basketball court refurbishment at a local elementary school.
Among the plans to honor the victims of the Pulse tragedy include the Magic raising a No. 49 banner during pregame ceremonies to honor the 49 victims, a tribute video highlighting the city’s unity, a moment of silence, and honoring first responders from the night of the attacks as the “Hometown Heroes.” In addition, the Magic will host survivors, family members and Pulse employees at that night’s game vs. the Miami Heat.
Additional highlights of Opening Night will include:
- All fans will receive a Pure Magic T-shirt presented by Chase
- Fan Fest on Church Street
- Halftime entertainment featuring Giovanni Mazza, youth hip-hop violinist and the Orlando Magic Rhythm ‘N Blue Drumline and Flight Crew Dunk Team
- Game-day program giveaway featuring a commemorative poster
- Retail Item of the Game: $10 Orlando vs. Miami matchup T-shirt, available at the Orlando Magic Team Shop
- The new Stars Jersey will be available at the Orlando Magic Team Shop
- OMYF In-Game Auction
- Balloon art, face painting & caricature artist for kids
- New fan photo booths on the Terrace and Promenade Levels
To obtain credentials for opening night, media must submit requests at least 24 hours prior to the game to email@example.com.
Ticket highlights for the Magic’s 2016-17 season in the Amway Center, honored with TheStadiumBusiness Awards’ 2013 Customer Experience Award and named SportsBusiness Journal’s 2012 Sports Facility of the Year, include: 2,500 seats priced $20 or less, 8,000 seats priced $40 or less and 9,000 seats priced $50 or under. For ticket information log on to www.orlandomagic.com or call 407-89-MAGIC.